Worried you’re not recovering fast enough from a concussion? In response to numerous requests, along with our ongoing efforts to continually offer new coping strategies for our concussion patients, the MAC Alliance is pleased to announce we’re starting a monthly concussion support group. The group will meet at our Hockessin MAC Concussion Center every four weeks on Wednesday evenings at 7 pm, starting on January 3rd, then again January 31st, etc.
We’re hoping that this setting will show patients and their families that it’s normal to feel irritable, sad and stressed when dealing with your concussion and that the change, albeit temporary, that your medical challenge is making to your life is not unusual. Help during the healing process may also assist concussion patients in creating short-term goals that will give you confidence that you are improving.
Helping You Cope
Dr. Schaller, along with a licensed counselor, will discuss common ways of dealing with symptoms. Other issues to be covered include:
- post-concussion syndrome (irritability, depression, insomnia, etc.)
- latest technologies in diagnosis and treatment
- Migraines and light/sound sensitivities
- Word find and memory problems
- Worries about repercussions and additional concussions
- Accepting there will be good and bad days
- Every four weeks, starting Wednesday, January 3rd
- Time: 7 pm
- Duration: Each meeting will last 1-2 hours, depending on group size
- A flat fee of $35 will be charged for each patient. Family and friends can attend for free!
Those interested in attending should contact Dr. Schaller’s office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 302-235-8808. Please be sure to also include your full name, date of birth, and cell phone number for text reminders prior to the group sessions.